Instagram

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Austin

Max and I left New Orleans and made the journey to Austin, Texas. After a day of exploring, we can say that we love it here.

Max played at the dog park, we went to another park after to explore, toured the Austin museum of art, went to the capitol building, watched the bats fly out from underneath the congress bridge and strolled along the cute shops on Congress street.


It was a good day.

I especially enjoyed watching the bats. There was a crowd of over 100 people there to wait anxiously as the sun went down for the bats to fly out. I thought that there would be a few, but I was wrong. There were thousands and thousands of bats! It was dark so I just pointed my camera towards the river and clicked away. I was able to get a few, but since I was far away, they are not as clear as I would have liked them to be. But, bats are hard to capture anyway!

Strolling around Congress street was fun. It's a few blocks with a bunch of eclectic shops and restaurants. If I lived here, this is a place I would hang out. The weather was perfect this day, so we were lucky.

I can see why so many people love this town. Max and I don't rule it out as a place to visit again. Thank you Austin!

Here are a few pictures from our day:













LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails