I have so much to be thankful for.
As I type this from my iPhone, I am thankful that I am in a warm place and have all the things I need.
In addition to my basic needs, I wanted to take a moment to list some things I am thankful for. This is just a list from the top of my head right now and I know I am failing to list so many things. This is what I'm thankful for today.
I am thankful for:
- My Mother and family for understanding my traveling lifestyle and is supportive no matter what.
- My friends who reach out to me and make an effort even though I am out of sight.
- the amazing community I have met through photography.
- my partner in crime, Max. He keeps me smiling even during times when everything seems to fall apart.
- my ability to roam the country and do what I want on a moments notice.
- to all of the amazing women who have opened up and allowed me to photograph them for my series this year. Thank you Cat, Traci, Jamie, Cal, Carrie, Jo, Iowana, Shanta, Ariana, Carrie, Teri, Kari, Tyler, Kiki, Sam, Kathy, Brandy, Angie, Dian, Dani, Dani, Lara, Morgan, Natasha, Robin, Vicky, Laura, Susan, Sahar, Trish, Carolyn, Val, Cat, Kristin, K.J., Rebecca, Mimi, Karen and Jiela, thus far. You are all an inspiration to me.
- to the photographers, jurors, publishers and all the people who have wanted to feature my art in their publication, show, blog, in in their home.
- the airstream, camper, van, tent and travel community. Love your support and following your adventures on Facebook and Instagram.
- for art. Without you, life would be dull and meaningless.
- my sobriety. Life is so much more beautiful when I feel it all.
- to all of the strangers I've met on the road by chance. Thank you for allowing me to take your photograph.
- to the stranger I am going to meet today who invited me over for a Thanksgiving meal with her family.
- to the people who take the time to write me about their life or how a post or photograph of mine made them feel.
- Instagram. For the people I follow and who follow me. We're a strange bunch and I like it!
- to the amazing photographers who inspire me.
- for life lessons and experiences. The good, the bad, the hurt, the pleasure...feeling everything. An engagement with living.
- for the forgiveness of the people I forgot to mention on this blog.
- to you, reading this. Thank you. Thank you to all who have donated, offered your home or have pointed me in another direction, whether you know it or not.
-Aline Smithson for the continued support of my work and for the friendship.
-Heidi Lender - for being a virtual shoulder to cry on. It's nice to know another soul that wanders as I do.
- Christa Blackwood - for opening up your home to max and I, without even knowing us.
- Dan LeHouillier - for being my best friend for over 20 years. You always keep me laughing, even through texts when I'm away.
- Amy Carlton and Eugeine Frerichs for the opportunity
- Kristiana Spaulding - for the friendship and inspiration
- Rose Red - for always being there, no matter what
- Katy Chung - thank you for your friendship your generosity, and for always taking me in.
- Cat Carrel - for your friendship, through a lot of ups and downs.
- Rebecca Rebman - For calling me out, visiting me on the road, and pushing me in the right direction.
- Cal Phoenix - for being there and being open for all of my crazy ideas
- Traci & Jamie - thank you for your friendship, the laughs, being open to my shoots and for sticking with me through my crazies.
- Stu Schmal - for being you and for putting up with me all of these years.
- Brandy Trigueros - for your laugh and always putting a smile on my face
- Carrie Vandenberg - for reaching out
- Tanya Dubnicoff - for being the straw 4 1/2 years ago
- Ronnie White - for your words, art, hope and picking out max
- Beth Faherty - for your words of wisdom and a virtual ear when I need it most.
- max - if you could read, you would know how much I love you and how much complete strangers love you too.
- mom - I love you. Thank you for putting up with me for 42 years.
Happy Thanksgiving to you reading this! I am sure I forgot someone or something so my apologies in advance.
Here are some images from the last month that I am thankful for:
Love, Alison and Max