Instagram

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Muffin Man At Kamp Klamath

You know how that childhood song goes, "Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man...do you know the muffin man..."  Well, I met him.

Along my trip, I've been taking portraits of interesting people I've come across and Lorin was one of those people.

After I packed up from the hike in site, I decided to find a place to have a cup of coffee in the morning.  I drove about a mile and headed into "Kamp Klamath" to see if they had coffee.  I found some and Lorin came out from the back with some freshly baked muffins.  Since I was half asleep, I paid for my coffee and went back to my car to drink it.  Shortly thereafter, he came outside to my car and asked, "Do you want a fresh baked blueberry muffin?" Knowing that this would put me in an intense sugar high, I declined.  He said, "ok, I just wanted to see how you liked it since it's a new recipe."  I changed my mind and said, "sure, I'll try it."  I went in and tried his newly baked muffin as he stood there waiting for my reaction.  "very moist and sweet," I said.  He relaxed and asked, "are you sure?"  We then chit chatted about his recipe and then I went back to my car to finish the muffin and coffee.

He came back out and said, "do you like killer whales?"  I instantly got a kick out of him and got out of the car to chat for a while.  I asked to take his portrait and he agreed right away.  Once I took my camera out, he knew a thing or two about cameras since he's also a photographer.  We talked about killer whales, cameras, the area and where to take the best shot of the coast.

I really enjoy meeting people that I happen to come across on the road.  Everyone has a story and it's always nice to hear about what people do and where they come from.  He's a caretaker of sorts at Kamp Klamath in Klamath, California.  If you happen to stop by to camp, be sure to ask for Lorin and see what he's got cooking.  I'm sure it will be delicious. As far as being called the "muffin man," that is just my nickname for him.  For more portraits of people I've come across, click HERE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails