Instagram

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Horse Camp On The Oregon Coast

I took a tip from fellow campers that there is a free campsite along the Oregon coast.  Not only was it free, it was one of the best campsites I've ever been to.  The perfect combination!  About 10 miles north of Florence in the Siuslaw National Forest, you turn East on Forest Service road 58 for about 3.5 miles.  There are 15 sites and each one comes with your own horse stable!

When Max and I arrived, we were thrilled about the space and availability.  It's nestled in the forest and at night you can hear the ocean breezes rustle through the trees.

Not only did we like the spot, we enjoyed talking to our camping neighbor, Sandy.  Sandy came to camp a few nights with some friends and her horses Hank and Hoss.  She's been riding for over 35 years and resides in Cheshire, Oregon.  We starting chatting about horses, traveling and camping and after a while, I knew she would be a perfect fit for the "sisters on the fly" group.  I asked her if she's ever heard of them and her eyes lit up.  She is so excited because she's been eyeing a trailer to fix up and decorate the way the sisters do best.  Be on the lookout for a new sister coming your way!  As for me, I am a sister number #1416.

I enjoy taking portraits of people I come across on my travels so be on the lookout if I run into you and ask to take your picture.  It's been great that eveyone has agreed to let me snap away, even a police woman that I came across in Oregon.  More on that story to come.

For now, Max and I are grateful to the campers who told us about this free site and to Sandy who was very friendly to chat with me about her life and her horses, Hank and Hoss.  I look forward to the adventures to come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails