Instagram

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Walk On The Moon

Well, it wasn't on the moon, but it's what I would picture the moon to look like. Max and I left New Mexico and headed to Arizona. We arrived at the state on the North East corner and decided to take a tour of our Petrified National Forest.

The drive through was beautiful with many turn outs to explore. It was about 20 miles of petrified wood and painted desert. As with many places, a picture doesn't do it justice. You will have to see for yourself.

As usual for me, I don't get really excited seeing rocks and dirt. I like birds and unusual objects so we were fortunate to have a raven follow us and an old car to take pictures of.

After a while, seeing the same thing can get boring. I stopped at another lookout and debated on whether or not to get out and explore when I heard this woman gasp and say, "oh my goodness! I can look at this for days! It's so beautiful!" Of course after hearing that, I had to get out and look at the same thing with a different state of mind. She certainly put a smile on my face. Since it was extremely quiet, I could hear their entire conversation. She kept going on and on about the beauty of the area. It was nice to hear.

It was worth the stop to see the forest.

Here are some pictures from our day:









LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails