Instagram

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New Mexico

After Max and I left the zoo in Roswell, we decided to take the scenic route to Albuquerque. We headed west through a small town called Lincoln and to other small towns along with way. We visited the resting place of Smokey bear among other cute little attractions.

We stayed in Albuquerque a few nights and headed up to Sante Fe and Taos. All of New Mexico is really beautiful. The evening sun and sunset is unlike anywhere I have been. The colors of the rocks and plants right at dusk turn a deep rich red. Absolutely amazing.

In Albuquerque, we found a dog park that we visited a few times which Max loved. He met a few friends there to play with including a boston terrier named Squid Vicious. Squid would drop the ball in front of you but wouldn't let you pick it up. You would have to kick it in order for him to play. He was a cutie.

We toured the old town of each city and went to the Veterans cemetery and visited the Sandia railway, although we didn't go on it. New Mexico is a beautiful state and I would recommend a visit. I feel that I came at the perfect time since the sun was out and the air was cool. Perfect for me.

Thank you for following us on our journey. I hope you have been enjoying the tour of our country through my eyes. We always look forward to sharing what we see with you.

Here are some of the pictures we took in the state. To see more, click HERE.












LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails