Instagram

Friday, November 20, 2009

Off the Beaten Path

After I left best friends animal sanctuary, I headed to Zion National Park and wandered around the Southwest tip of the state. Once off the main freeway, there is um...not much around. I drove through a few dust storms and several farms along the way. Even though there wasn't much to see, I stopped to view the lone trees and farm houses.

I have never been to a place where you can see the road from one mountain range to the next and everything in between.

I've been thinking about all of the places I've been and how fortunate I am to be able to do what I do. The fact is, you can do it too! With just a little planning and a willingness to leave your home for several months, you can be on your way!

There are times when I feel lonely, tired and frustrated. But, those times pass when I reach a National Park or a place I've always to explore. Some of the best experiences have been when I've been lost or decided to do something on a whim.

I look forward to sharing a little "best of" list with you. For now, here are a few snapshots of what I came across today in Utah. For more, click here.










LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails