Instagram

Monday, April 12, 2010

A Stroll Around The Long Beach East Village Arts District

Once in a while, it's nice to tour around a neighborhood in your city that you don't see very often.  I took a walk around the streets in the East Village Arts District in Long Beach to see what I could find.  Perhaps someday I will live in this neighborhood.  I like it.  It has charm and character and each street is a different experience.

There are art galleries, coffee shops, restaurants, retail shops...the usual for a downtown.  As you may know from my "where I don't belong" post, I enjoy stepping into barber shops and taking pictures of men being groomed.  This gentleman was kind enough to let me take his picture.  I think I can sneek in there without people noticing me, but I think they did.

Dogs and people alike walk the streets during the day to soak up the energy of the city.  This pup was waiting for another bite of a hot dog as I snapped the picture.

Later in the evening, I walked over to the house of hayden to see who was playing that night.  They were having their anniversary party so the bar was lively and packed with people watching.  I was attracted to the shiny bikes parked outside and took a few pictures as their owners came outside.  I kept snapping away as they hopped on their bike to go home for the night.

As I mentioned in my 11 Free things to do blog, taking pictures is one of them.  It's FREE and it's fun to see what you have once you are done.  More importantly, it will take you to new places and you will see things differently when you take a camera with you.  I usually carry mine wherever I go...as you might be able to tell.  Go to a new restaurant, try something new, take a walk on a different street...you never know what you will find.

For more snapshots of people in their habitat, click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails