Instagram

Thursday, April 22, 2010

MOPLA Month Of Photography Los Angeles Group Show

I am very excited to be selected to participate in the MOPLA (Month of Photography, Los Angeles) group show on April 29th!

As you might have noticed, I love to take pictures and I seem to snap away and take a lot.  At the beginning, I didn't show a lot of the photos I found interesting but once I decided that it didn't matter what other people thought, I put up what I enjoyed looking at and it turns out...others like them too!  In this short period of time, I have been fortunate enough to have my own show of my Long Beach Images, I participated in an art walk and wrapped up another smaller show lastnight.  All of these things have been great experiences and I am thankful for each one.

I am so thrilled that MOPLA chose one of my favorite photographs, "Dixie" to show in the exhibit.  She is the baby of a fellow "Silver Sister," Martha.  I took this picture of her on our silver trailer weekend with the ladies.  She was such a sweetie coming up to me to say hello while I was on the ground to her level but just far enough away that her leash wouldn't allow her to get to me.  Of course I gave her love and attention once I took the picture.  I was able to capture two of my favorite things in a single photograph...my love of Airstreams and dogs.

If you are in the Los Angeles area, I would love to say hello to you at the show.  There are several events planned for the month through this fantastic organization.  Please check the MOPLA website for more information by clicking HERE.  The group event is scheduled for Thursday, April 29th from 7pm-10pm (photographs will stay up for 3 weeks). I am grateful to have this opportunity to be participating alongside some pretty amazing photographers. I look forward to it!  The list of group show artists are listed on the front page of the MOPLA home page, under "News."

To see more of my photographs, click HERE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails