Instagram

Friday, April 30, 2010

MOPLA Group Show Opening Night

The one word that comes to mind for being accepted in the MOPLA group show is grateful. I am so honored to be selected to be a participant in the opening lastnight.

Simply put, the show was amazing.  To be included alongside such talented and creative photographers was such a thrill (for a complete list, click HERE).  I am completely inspired by the work that was showcased in the show and the entire experience left me with a heightened feeling of hope.  I can't wait to continue on this journey to see what's next.

The moment I stepped foot in the Smashbox studios gallery (hosted by Dee DeLara), I knew that I was in for treat.  Every inch of space on the walls were filled with photographs portraying beauty in every aspect.  I had several favorite artists and took a tour around the space over and over again, seeing something new each time.  If you were not able to make the show, the photographs will remain on the walls for the next few weeks and I would recommend a visit.

"Dixie" (The Corgi with the Airstream) would like to say hi to you from the wall.  Just like she's saying hello to these gentlemen.

When I wandered across the USA last year with my little point and click in hand, I had no idea that it would lead up to this.  Taking photographs has completely changed my life.  I see things differently, feel things differently and I have this constant urge to see more.  Good news is...that is precisely what I am going to do.  In exactly a month, I am packing the few things I need in my car and am headed out once again on the open road without an agenda.  My dog, Max and I are going to set out to get lost in this country to see where that takes us.  I look forward to this journey and sharing it with you.

I wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you to Cat Jimenez and Hossein Farmini for the opportunity and to Jamie Familara for her constant coordination and excellent attention to detail.

I am truly grateful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails