Instagram

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WestyFest III Gathering In Upstate New York

Max and I were fortunate enough to be invited to this 3rd annual WestyFest event in upstate New York last weekend.  As we arrived, I was a bit wary about camping since the forecast said to expect showers and thunderstorms all weekend.  I pulled into the property just as the owner, Bill and his friends were departing for dinner.  Instead of waving me through, they came back around to show me around and Bill (third from left in the photograph on the left) even offered his Westy for Max and I to call home for the weekend!  We couldn't be happier.



We met thirty nine Westy owners over the weekend and each person had a unique story to tell.  Even though most of the attendees are from the east coast, with the exception of Juju (Who lives in Hawaii), they all had such varied backgrounds.  I was able to chat with bee keepers, retired school teachers, an optometrist, a professor from Yale, several photographers and everything in between.  All sharing the same love for their Airstream Sprinter Westfalia.



I have to say that this is not "roughing it" by any means.  This vehicle is designed perfectly for sleeping, sitting, driving, eating and it even comes with a bathroom.  There are a lot of perfect reasons to own one.  I know that over the weekend I developed a crush on these vehicles.  I think Max did too.  It's the ultimate in comfort and is compact enough that you can take it anywhere, in any weather conditions and be comfortable.  I love my tent, but I have to say that the idea of being able to sleep comfortably in the vehicle you drive is very tempting.



I am so thankful to have the opportunity to meet all of these wonderful people that I hope to keep in touch with and meet on the road in the future!

For all photographs I took at this event, click HERE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails