Instagram

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Drive Along The Coast Of Maine

Did I mention that I love this state?  It was my last few days in town and I decided to make a trip up the coast.  Highway One is a beautiful drive and you can make it even more interesting if you veer off course and drive off on the smaller roads that take you to several of the little towns and tourist destinations in the state.  It's what I did when I came across Andy and his yard ship so you'll never know what you will find.

This drive took me to Boothbay harbor to walk around the area and be a tourist for a while.  I walked into a gallery and spoke with one of the artists in the gallery, John Vander.  He agreed for me to take his photograph while he told me about his current exhibit, "tourist season."  For more on this exhibit, click HERE.

After the brief stop, I continued back to the main highway and traveled North through Camden and saw many other quaint towns while observing clammers and fishermen until I hit the main destination, Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.  It was one of the foggiest days I've ever seen so it wasn't the best day to visit if you wanted a clear view of the park.  It didn't matter to me, the park is beautiful.  Bar Harbor is another tourist destination and after traveling to Boothbay, I grew tired of the shops selling everything you can think of with the city name in the item.

I drove up the Northern California coast, Oregon Coast up until mid Washington.  This drive didn't disappoint.  The only advice I would give is to take your time.  Don't make it a day trip like I did.  Enjoy it and take at least a few days wandering around and seeing the sights in all their glory.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails