Instagram

Monday, September 20, 2010

Gratitude

Max and I have been on the road since June.  We have been so fortunate to be able to do this trip and even more so with the help of so many people.  I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their words of support and encouragement in your comments and notes to me.  I also wanted to give a special thank you to the generous people that have hosted me in their home and invited me over for a meal with their family...you know who you are.

At this moment, Max and I are in Maine.  We are extremely fortunate to be able to live on an island the past several days from the kindness of new friends, Adam and Susan.  I met these two in June at an Airstream rally and they are the lucky owners of the only Class C Airstream ever made.  Not one of a few...the ONLY one!  I was able to spend some time with them before they left on their journey and I have to say that they are two of the kindest, generous and most inspiring individuals I have been lucky enough to meet.

The fact is, you never know who you will meet in life that will cause you to change direction, think about the one you are in, make hard choices about what you need to do, and so on.  I have received emails from people who say that I have been an inspiration to help them create the life they always wanted.  I think we all know in our heads what we really need to do, but are afraid to make the changes necessary to accomplish a goal.  Sometimes, you hear words that you needed to hear in order to make the leap.  I know that's been the case for me in my life.  It's just a matter of making a choice and sticking with it.  It can be difficult but all that comes from listening to your inner voice will yield the greatest rewards.

Max and I are so grateful for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails