Instagram

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Maine Pizza Party

There is something about the state of Maine.  From the moment you arrive, you know you're somewhere special.  The houses, the fresh air, the ocean, the people...all of it.

I was invited by Adam and Susan (more on them in an upcoming blog) to go to the annual pizza party hosted by Jane and Paul (shown here cooking) on an island in Maine.  The moment I arrived, I felt as if I walked into the pages of a magazine.  They live the Maine lifestyle as you see in the pages of Martha Stewart Living, Sunset, or any other fine entertaining, food or design magazine.  I was smitten.

They built a pizza oven in their yard from scratch and it got plenty of use over the course of the evening when Jane hand made over 50 pizzas while Paul cooked them in their perfect pizza oven.  I have to say that these pizza's were the best I've ever had.  The crust was thin and crispy and each pie was a masterpiece!  I couldn't name all that came out but some of my favorites were the shrimp pizza, pear, caramelized onion and to top it all off, it ended with the best s'more dessert pizza.

As I am writing this, the flavors are coming back to me and I want more!  I was in awe of how seemingly easy they made it look.  From the setting, people, food and drinks...I took a trip and lived the Maine lifestyle, if only for a moment.

Thank you to Paul and Jane for hosting such a lovely party and for all of the people I met throughout the course of the night.  I tried to put my camera down every now and then to socialize, but the setting was to die for so I couldn't help but snap away at what I saw.  Because of this evening, pizza will never be the same for me again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails