Instagram

Monday, June 14, 2010

People Of Venice Beach

Yesterday I took a stroll on the Venice Beach boardwalk with several other people doing the same.  I wanted to take some photographs of the locals in the area and practice approaching strangers with a smile and asking permission to take their photograph as well as having them sign a release to use the photograph.

I find it easy to hide behind the lens and be a watcher of sorts to the surroundings around me.
I find it more interesting to capture people in a relaxed state doing what comes nature to them.  Approaching strangers to pose can be a little daunting.  However, I approach it as challenging and fun.  You never know what will happen when you start a conversation, since the moment might disappear once they are fully aware that I am taking their photograph.  I am really low key in general and I hope that lends to a relaxed model.

I strolled the strip and when I saw someone I thought looked interesting, I approached them and started a conversation.  Some wanted money, some didn't care, I was rejected once and overall it was a great learning experience.  I look forward to doing this more on the road and I have a few personal projects that I look forward to sharing with you.  Here are some of my favorite models of the day living their life and crossing my path in Venice beach.  To see more portraits, click HERE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails