Instagram

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Haiti Benefit - Carnival Del Corazon


Tonight I went to "Carnival del Corazón - My h(ART) goes out to Haiti." This event was an artist response Haiti benefit and festival with 100% of proceeds benefiting the Ye´le Haiti Earthquake Fund.

What an amazing night of music, art, food, and performances! It was so nice to see so many people in our community come together to help another community in need. I love to see people in their element and there were certainly several at the event that were right at home...getting lost in the music.

I have never been musically inclined, but I have a deep appreciation for people who can pick up an instrument and start jamming with other musicians...just by a feeling. At the same time, I am never one to dance in public. I have respect for the people you see at concerts standing in the front and dancing as if they are the only one there. I have great admiration for their ability to be in the moment and not care if people are staring at them while they are dancing.

For me, I tend to hide in the corner and observe...and that's ok by me. All dancers and musicians need people like me to be there to enjoy their performance and that would be my skill...watching. And that, I did.

Here are a few pictures I took at this inspiring event. As I travel, I enjoy taking pictures of people in their habitat. For more snapshots of humans living their life, click HERE


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails