Instagram

Monday, February 8, 2010

Adopt A Best Friend For Life

I can't imagine my life without a dog. Max is a part of my life and he brings me so much joy. When I adopted him last July, he had no idea that he was in for an adventure of traveling across the country with me. I think he had a good time. Well, most of the time he did. Once he realized that buffalo can roam right next to the car, he wasn't too thrilled with that and went crazy each time I stopped on the side of the road to take a picture. It didn't matter if there was an animal nearby, he didn't want anything to come near.

Yesterday we went to our local dog park to play...I mean, Max went to play. OK, I enjoy it too. A lot.

I have to admit that it's one thing I do that brings me joy. It's a place where all of the dogs get to run free together and play. I can even see them smile. All of the lucky ones who found a home. Unfortunately, there are thousands that need homes. I found Max with a rescue organization and I would suggest you adopt one from a rescue as well.

When Max and I were in Utah, we visited the Best Friends Animal Shelter to see all of the animals rescued for life. They are lucky to be able to live in this beautiful place forever, but they still need a home.

Adopting a pet is getting a friend for life. They bring more to your life than you could ever imagine. Who else will be so happy to see you each time you get home? Even if you leave for 5 minutes, it's like you've been gone forever. If you are interested in adopting, visit ASPCA.You can find animals wanting you in your area.

Here are a few of the happy dogs we came across yesterday at the dog park:





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails