Instagram

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas In Chico

I love Chico. I went to school here and some of my closest friends still live here. I decided to spend my holiday in this city and revisit the park I spent so much time in when I called Chico my home long ago.

The town is always changing but one thing that will remain the same is the feeling I get when I am in Bidwell Park. It's a magical place, especially when you don't come across another person, which can happen. You can get lost in the hills, swim in the creek, ride your bike or walk your dog in acres of shared land.

Today I went to upper park and visited Sycamore Pool in one mile recreation area. Believe it or not, I used to spend my summers sitting in that chair lifeguarding. It's a beautiful creek that runs through a man made pool. As glamorous as it seems, it was the most boring job in the word. No music or reading to pass the time. What? What do I have to do? Watch the swimmer? Yes, I sat there watching kids being dropped off so we could babysit them for the day and tell them over and over not to run or dive in the pool. Exciting stuff.

Here is my day in the park. For more pictures, click HERE




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails