Instagram

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Practice in Patience


I wasn't going to post this painting I did because it's not my favorite. I was excited at first but got discouraged as I went along and did the background. It's not perfect. I think it's me who needs to relax my mind and accept that it's OK if it's not. Painting using watercolor has done a number on me. I love it and I hate it. I get excited at the beginning, my brain numbs in the middle, and I start getting critical and stressed for perfection at the end. If it's not exactly what I want...I start to beat myself up about it.

So, perhaps it's a lesson. A lesson to stop painting! No...I will continue, but it is a little vulnerable putting it out there with all of its imperfections. I suppose we all do that in life. It's a good thing. I am not perfect, but will do the best I can with what I have. This painting is of a sculpture in my mother's backyard in Sedona. A painting of a sculpture of a living creature, of sorts.

I haven't had the time to paint while I am out on the road, but I have some pictures that I would like to put on paper. The water evaporates fast in 102 degree heat, as does my patience and enjoyment. I know...fair weather scribbler I am!

I would encourage you to try something new. Who knows? You may be better than you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails