Instagram

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Camping in Paradise

After Michigan, we headed East. I didn't know where we would end up so I just drove. After about 8 hours, Max and I landed in mid state Pennsylvania. As usual, I relied on my map as my guide to see if there was camping located nearby. There was, so we thought we were headed to that state park.

We must have missed a turn.

There were signs to camp, however it wasn't the state park we were aiming for. After driving through the back country, following signs that were so weathered we could barely make out the word "camp" on it, we found the site. We decided to tour around the loop. It appeared to be a deserted RV campground with RV's permanently stuck in the ground.

I did manage to find the camp "office." It was deserted but I noticed a sign for tents to set up at the top of the hill. Off we went.

The sun was setting so I wanted to set up the tent fast and head out to take some pictures. For some reason, I didn't notice that we were directly camped under a power station. I didn't mind until it turned on. Then off. Then on. Once the sun set. It followed with a light on the station turning on. Then off. You get the point. I liked to think of it as the ocean. Ahhh, now we are camping in pure luxury.

We didn't camp unnoticed. A 95 year old woman in a Cadillac driving 2MPH came over to see us. After watching her drive up and get out of her car (about 20 minutes later), she came to collect her fees. I paid her and watched her leave on her long journey to her home 50 yards away.

In the morning we decided to meet someone also staying in camp paradise. We walked the loop to find the wedged trailers empty. Only the sound of the trees with the wind blowing.

The added touch of class was pulling a shower curtain for privacy in the shared bathroom.

We soon left and noticed the camp we were supposed to find was one exit down the road.

I suppose I should clean my glasses more often.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails