Instagram

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Self Doubt

You know that little voice...the one that gives you every reason on why you can't do something or why things will eventually fail?

The devil on your shoulder.

Is it there to protect you and keep you safe or does it magically appear to keep you from growing and become the person you really want to be?

Traveling isn't the sole reason for this journey. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the ride, soaking up the moments and beautiful surroundings, but it goes much deeper. I was hoping to become better acquainted with myself.

I have.

In fact, I am learning more than I thought I would, however it's not always easy.

It's been a little vulnerable putting my art out there for you to see, especially when the voice of self doubt tells me not to. Believe me, I am not quitting my day job to paint...oh wait, I already did. Whoops...

The fears came again when I decided to post my 150 day blog. What if they don't like me anymore because I don't drink? What if I am seen as weak? What if...

What scares me even more is NOT taking the chance to do something.

I have always loved taking pictures. I am starting to pay attention more and really look at things. I enjoy soaking up the beauty of my travels and sharing them with you in a photograph. Although not always easy, I hope that you get the feeling of being there through my images.

I am posting many of my travel photos on a facebook fan page. If you are a member of facebook, I hope you become a fan. Sometime soon, I would like to offer the prints of select photographs for sale. I know the feeling of being in nature and enjoying all that she gives us. I am especially looking forward to being able to share that with you.

Thank you for taking this journey with me.

Click on the link below to become a fan:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails