Instagram

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Birthday Surgery

Tomorrow is my mother's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! It's also the fun day I get to go to the dentist to have my gums ripped open, hoping that this "D.D.S., MMSc., etc." played a mean game of operation as a kid. I know I did. But, don't try to get me to play after my morning coffee.

Come to think of it...the operation is in the morning and he MAY be a coffee drinker. Didn't think about that. Ugh. I am trying not to think about it.

So, after telling you to look at the utube video of my surgery (which I didn't watch, by the way), I had my friend Dan watch it as I was sitting next to him. I couldn't get myself to look at it so I told him to narrate what they were doing..."Then what? What's next? Now what's happening...how about now?" All I had to do was look at his face. Oh yeah, and the several "Holy Shit's" coming out of his mouth with the look of panic.

So, Happy Birthday Mom!

I have been thinking of why I have a hard time asking for help. I am so fortunate to have wonderful friends that offer to take care of me if I needed it. I hate to put people out. I have always been independent and never wanted to depend on anyone for anything. My mom came to help me with my myomectomy last year, but my first thought was.."it's ok, I will be fine..." I know she wanted to help, and I am glad that she did. Thanks Mom!

I am sure that it will go well tomorrow. I hope it will go well...it better go well tomorrow. OK...I need to stop thinking of it. I wonder if the dental assistant would mind documenting the surgery for a blog. Maybe too creepy.

So, thank you all for your kind words and offers to help. I think I will be ok. Maybe it will be good luck because it's on mom's birthday. Yeah...that's it!

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

Check out her beautiful sculptures on www.DianeBriney.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails