Instagram

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Waffle House

When I travel, I try to stick to a budget as much as possible.  I stepped into a waffle house for the first time last year on my travels and I am hooked.  They are not in California so this is all new to me.  If you want a hot breakfast any time of the day for very little money, this is the place to go.  It's a mix between a diner and a fast food place and each one I've encountered has been a good experience.  The people are friendly, the coffee is hot and there is no mystery on how they cook your meal since everything is done right in front of you.

You can get a breakfast sandwich with a fresh egg and cheese for two bucks.  For those of you who go to McDonalds, this is even cheaper then an egg "McSumthin'" but the difference is, you can actually see the egg cracking on the grill in front of you.  No microwaves.

It's a diner experience without a diner price.  They are almost on every corner here in the South.  If you've never been to one, I would give it a try.  It might not be the healthiest meal you will eat, but it will fill you up and keep your pocketbook slim.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails