Instagram

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Provincetown, MA

I love Provincetown.  I fell in love with the area when I was lucky enough to spend the month of September here last year.  I briefly visited the town in the summer but I think the fall is the best time of year to be here.  The crowds are thinner, the air is crisp and the town is just the same as it always is...diverse and quaint.

Each part of Cape Cod has its own personality and I am drawn to ptown each year.  I love the rows of cottages as you approach the town and if you decide to drive through commercial street at 1 mile an hour, you will get a glimpse of what the town is about.

Once you are out of the car and mingling with the surroundings, you will get a sense of what I am drawn to.  You can stroll the street a mile and see some amazing works of art from locals and semi-locals.  You won't see a Starbucks or any other chain coffee or fast food restaurant which is a breath of fresh air.  Everyone in town is free to be who they are, when they feel like it.  It's not uncommon to see people expressing their love openly or seeing someone strolling down the street in leather pants with nothing else on in 50 degree weather.

My favorite place to eat for breakfast is at the Far land market.  I stop there at least once every other day to pick out some goodies and if you want an amazing breakfast at a low price, you better get there before 11:30a.m!

All of the beaches are beautiful and I have always been drawn to Race Point.  In fact, I took a photograph of the ranger station each day during my stay last year in September.  It never gets old.

I've always said that this is the perfect place to live if you are able to survive the winters.  Here is a small collection of some of the photographs I took while in Ptown with my camera phone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails