Instagram

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Yosemite National Park

I am now living full time in my van with my dog, Max.  I don't like good bye's and it was especially difficult this time around since I really don't know when I will return.  Even at this point, I don't know exactly what I will do, where I will go, or when I will get there.  I like it that way.


A few days ago, I left my home and decided to try to beat the heat and get up in the mountains so the first destination was Yosemite National Park.  Most people told me how crazy busy it would be and I was pleasantly surprised when there were several campsites to choose from.  Max and I chose a site and took it easy the first day.  

It was so beautiful waking up in the forest however, "campy" will take some getting used to where sleep is concerned.  Max growled at every sound and he wasn't too happy when deer would pass through our campsite.  I agree that it was a bit rude of them to walk right through, but since they most likely were there first, I let it slide.  As I sipped my coffee in the morning inside of the van, I watched my neighbors fold up their tent and then it hit me... I have become one of "those" people.  For years, I camped in a tent and it was a bit annoying when people in RV's would sit in comfort and watch me and now, there I was watching the tenters.  Let me tell you... it was NICE!  

We explored the park for the day and didn't stay too long.  I love all of our National Parks and I look forward to visiting them throughout my journey.  

I am glad to be on the road and I look forward to what adventures await Max and I.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails