Instagram

Friday, May 4, 2012

It Doesn't Last Forever

Time.  Where does it go?  Sometimes I reflect back to when I quit my job to tour around the country to "find myself."  That was four years ago!  Sometimes it feels like just yesterday I headed out with "Trailie" and other days it feels like that trip was a long time ago.  Regardless, it doesn't last forever.



I adopted Max almost three years ago.  I found him at a farmer's market and adopted him through a rescue organization.  He's my best friend for life and I can't imagine being on the road without him.  Today, Women's Adventure Magazine reposted an article I wrote on the past three years and it got me thinking about the beginning and how I felt at the time.  The first year really was a blur and the past two years in a tent is what I remember most.  I adopted Max and about a month later, we hit the road together.  I was looking back at the photos from my point and shoot camera from that year and found a photo of Max on the first day out.  I paired it with a photo I took of him last year and this is what living on the road looks like for a dog.
Each time I look at it, I crack up.  Max had no idea what was in store for him.  He's circled the country for two years and now he's about to embark on another year of road travel.  However, I think he will enjoy the van much more.  
We are leaving for a trial run of campy in the next day so we'll see how that goes.  I will be sure to take lots of photos and share them with you here. I look forward to it!  If you would like to read the story in Women's Adventure Magazine, click HERE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails