Instagram

Friday, December 16, 2011

Selected to Participate in Onward Compe'

 I knew that the winners were going to be announced today for the International Onward Compe' photography competition, judged by Todd Hilo.  Usually, I check email in bed before I get up to see if there is anything urgent to do first thing in the morning.  I received a bulk email from the Onward folks with a link to a video where they announced the photographers selected for the show.

I pressed play on my iphone while I was still laying in bed barely awake.  I didn't have my glasses on (which I need when I'm on the computer) so I was squinting to see the names on boards passing through the screen.  As name after name came up, I told myself that I was sure I didn't make it so my focus shifted to see if I knew any of the people announced.

All of a sudden, my name came up.  I was in disbelief.  I rewinded the video to watch it again and paused it on my name to see if the spelling was correct, to be sure that it was actually my name.  I played it again all the way through and then started thinking that it must be another photographer with the same name until they flashed all of the images at the end and I noticed my image, "The Wedding Guest" appear in the blur.

Just to make sure, I had some coffee and looked at the video again.  To my amazement, my name was still there.  The video I woke up to is embedded above.  My name appears at second 54.  I am just thrilled to be included!  Opening reception is February 11th In Philadelphia.  Click HERE for more information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails