Instagram

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Indio Date Festival

I took a trip to the date festival to visit my entertainer friends John and Ellyn.  They do a traveling bubble show for fairs around the country for the kids.  They are both great people and I love being around them and seeing their show was a treat.  It's not the easiest thing to travel around the country and be "on" several times a day doing the same show over and over while performing as if it's the first time.

I spent the day visiting with them and walking around the fair taking photographs of things I came across.  It's always interesting to see what the fair has to offer and I had the opportunity to hang out behind the scenes in the "entertainer community city".

As much as I love seeing the smiles on kids faces, I always feel a bit sorry for the animals that travel with the fair.  There were camels, zebras, tigers, lions, and a monkey on a leash ready to pocket your cash once you held it out.

At night is when everything comes alive.  I love the neon, the smiles and the carefree feeling in the air.  It reminded me of summer.  I am looking forward to the change in season.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails